Monday, August 13, 2012

Fine Tuning

After two sessions, I've been on the receiving end of a number of Christine's observations and can report that my hockey stop is back and my left FO3 is improving as are both forward inside Mohawks.  Christine also pointed out that my left skate seems not to be tracking in a straight line when I glide with my hands at my side. This may explain why I tend to fall out of the back edge of that direction's three turn and have to put the free skate down almost immediately after making the turn.  Going to the right I can glide on the right back edge with the free skate off the ice until I run out of momentum.  I'll sleep on that observation and perhaps have the skate tech take a look.  Alignment issues or not, I appear to be on track to take my long postponed Gamma level test on the 23rd of this month.

Other news:  I've talked my daughter into skating a few public sessions with me and just maybe she'll sign up for lessons in the fall.  I keeping telling her that knowing how to stop is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment