Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Bobbe Shire RIP

Bobbe Shire coached over at the Gardens in Laurel, Maryland and was a well known Spin coach. Several times I wrestled with the urge to go see if I could book her for a few coaching sessions but hesitated because I didn't feel that my skating was good enough for such an advanced instructor. I missed my chance and ironically my name is George!  iCoahskating has made this iconic video of Bobbe coaching available for viewing free of charge, at least for now.  Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/icoachskating/videos/1530473010329578/

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this video, George. I can see the wisdom, humor, and love of teaching that marks a wonderful coach. I know she will be sorely missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate to have worked with Bobbe twice in the past 2 years. She was such a delight and it was obvious how much she enjoyed helping skaters of all ages and levels. I was so sad to hear about her passing. The skating world definitely lost a trailblazer and genius coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does seem like a nice coach by the video. I'm sorry you missed your chance to work with her. I'll think of the potential spin energy now as 'George.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took lessons from her way back in the 60's. She was wonderful and a very nice person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my former coaches took spin lessons from Bobbe. Hopefully Bobbe's methods will live on in her former students who now coach.

    ReplyDelete