Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thank God for good days: how much is too much?

Last Friday I stunk up the ice.  I couldn't get out of my own way.  Absolutely nothing was working.  Today--totally different.  My legs decided to report for duty.  What a relief!

I'm still trying to work out what is the minimum timing between sessions on the ice to permit my legs to recover.  Public sessions vary between an hour and a half and two hours.  Some of the other skaters that I'm on speaking terms with tend to come to the same publics but unlike your overly thrifty diarist, those skaters come late and leave early.  Do they know something about over-training that I've yet to discover?  I did notice today that with 15 minutes to go my legs were feeling distinctly "gassed".  Should I have stopped then and there?  I pressed on until the Zamboni came out.  Did I really do anything worthwhile with the last few turns, jumps, perimeter skates?  Or, did I set myself up for another stinky skate two days from now when I plan to next skate?  I'll find out Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment